Although iOS 10 has included numerous functions and new features, there is still something that many users we still miss: greater customization options. And among these options, is missing a feature to put a song as my ringtone is so much easier.
The mobile operating system from Apple offers a wide variety of ringtones among which you can choose, but there are many users who prefer to go a step further and personalize it to your liking. To this end, they seek to put a little piece of your favorite song, the sound or phrase from a character in his favorite movie…
However, thanks to iTunes you can put your favorite song as my ringtone on your iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus in a matter of minutes. So if you’ve done with the new smartphone from Apple and want the ringtone is different from the ones who come preset we invite you to keep reading, as explained below the steps you need to follow to get it.
Customize the ringtone of your iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus with iTunes
Before we start, to say that this method which we explain below serves to create your own ringtone using iTunes 12, the most recent version that currently exists, and is valid for both Mac as for Windows. If you already have your computer ready let’s see what are the steps you need to follow to create your own ringtone to put it on the iPhone 7 or 7 PLUS:
- Open iTunes and head back to the music tab, where will appear all your songs you have there.
- Select the song, you click on it with the right button then click on “Get Info”.
- In this popup window that opens up click on the tab “Options”. Here you’ll have to tick the boxes start and end, in which you’ll have to put on what minute and second you want me to start and finish your tone. Remember that the maximum length that should have is 30 seconds.
- Once done, click on ok. Now when I play this song only reproduce the fragment that you’ve chosen.
- Back to select the song (it will be marked in blue) and then go to file – convert and below in creating version AAC. You see that automatically iTunes will have created a new file in AAC extracting the fragment that you selected previously.
- Then go back to the original song, click the right button and select “get info”. Uncheck the boxes start and end and click accept, so that the song will have its original length.
- Select the new song, drag it to the desk and then back to iTunes to eliminate it. For this, you have to press the right button on it and choose the option to delete.
- Close your iTunes. Now, with the file that you now have on the desktop, click the right button on it, select “information” and there change the extension that will be. M4a by. M4r, which is the leading the ringtones for the iPhone by default.
- Open iTunes again and go to the tab of Tones. This is at the top left of the screen in a small drop down button which by default will make music. In Case you didn’t show up click on “Edit menu” and turn it on.
- Take the tone that you just create and drag it on the window tones of iTunes. Now it’s only to connect the iPhone and spend the tone to be able to use it.
- Click on the iPhone in the sidebar on the left and then click on Tones.
- Select the option “Sync ringtones” and click on Apply. In this way, the ringtone will happen to your iPhone 7 or 7 plus, and you can use it to ring when people call you by phone.
- To put it, go to Settings – Sounds – Ringtone on your iPhone 7 or 7 Plus. Here will be shown the new ringtone that you just created at the top of the list.
Although this tutorial we have focused on the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus, I have to say that this method can also help you if you have other previous models of the smartphone. We hope that you have been of help and you can put your favorite songs as a ringtone.