You can take a backup of your iPhone, iPad or iPad using iCloud or iTunes. Here we show you how to make a backup of your iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch using iCloud.
Please note the backup information includes purchased music (backup of purchased music is not available in all countries), TV shows (US only), applications and books; photos and videos from the camera roll; device settings (eg, phone favorites, wallpaper and Mail, Contacts, Calendar accounts); App data; The home screen and the organization of the application; Messages (iMessage, SMS and MMS), ringtones and more. It is also important to note that media files synced from your computer are not saved, but can be restored by syncing with iTunes.
iCloud automatically backs up important data on your iOS device.
- Launch the Settings app from the Home screen.
- Tap on iCloud. Login to your iCloud account, if you haven’t already.
- Scroll down and tap on Backup.
- Tap on the On/Off toggle next to iCloud Backup to enable automatic backup.
After activation backup on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, will be performed on a daily basis until the device is:
- Connected to the Internet over Wi-Fi
- Connected to a power source
- Screen locked
You can also manually back up each time the device is connected to the Internet via Wi-Fi by launching the Settings app and navigating to iCloud> Backup and tapping on the Backup Now button.
Let me know how it goes and if you have other questions.